Sunday, February 17, 2013
Bandung Fever..
Its been almost a week since i came back from Bandung. It feels longer though. Alhamdulilah the trip was great.
Since the trip from Bandung, i admit that some things has changed in me.
No offense to any parties but this is mainly my point of view.
In an overpopulated nation, I witnessed how extremely large the income gap is. How some lived in extremely large houses with a lot of conveniences and on the other hand, some were begging for food or lived in squatters. In order for them to commute to work, they had to endure the long and tiring jams that always occur in the expressway between Jakarta and Bandung. And mind you, the duration of the trip to and fro is approximately 3 hours if there's no jam. So imagine if there's a jam, how excruciating the trip is. Plus, accidents along the roads are a common sight, lorries overturned, ambulance constantly rushing to the accident scene etc.
It is an extremely new experience for me and am glad i went through it. It got me thinking though, for someone who lived in a HDB flat, I complain when there's not enough hot water running in the house, or how the MRT is taking so long to reach so that I can finally board it and reach my destination. Come to think about it, I have been taking advantage of the conveniences that has been provided for me.
Most of the time, we can't foresee where we are going to be born at and how our lives will grow up to be. I can only be thankful Alhamdulilah, to be born in Singapore and have the basic amenities/necessities for me to be grow up and nourished till today. Ultimately at the end of the day, each individuals are the ones who decide how their lives would turn out to be.
On another note, will be turning a quarter of a century this year. Some people has been pressuring me to be married or to at least find a partner with whom in the future i could spend my whole life with. My reply to them, is that am happy the way I am now, I wouldn't want to have any complications at this point of time. Anyways, if I had chosen that path 5 years ago, I would have had 2 kids now i guess. Haha.
To end this entry, I sincerely miss Bandung; the scenery, the people...
Till then
Signing Out
Finny
PS: Oh that smile, makes my heart skips a beat.. hehe.. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment